Far Cry 5 is the fifth main installment and eleventh entry in the “Far Cry” series. The game falls under action-adventure first-person shooter game. It has been developed by “Ubisoft Montreal” and “Ubisoft Toronto” and published by “Ubisoft” for Microsoft Windows released on March 27, 2018.
The game has been set in an open world environment: fictional Hope County, Montana. You can explore the map on foot or lots of vehicles available like in the previous installments of Far Cry series.
Far Cry 5 Granite Error 2000000!!
The gamers may face the Far Cry 5 Granite Error while playing the game. The error generally comes up with the code 2000000.
Far Cry 5 Granite Error 2000000 – Fix
If asked personally, i love the Far Cry series as well as Ubisoft for making great games.
But spending money to buy games and then fighting battle with these type of errors for which even developers of the game doesn’t have a proper solution is a headache.
To make the game play of Far Cry 5 error less, here are some of the possible fixes which may help you to fix the Far Cry 5 Granite Error while playing the game. So, let’s check the article for the possible fixes:
1) Save Game File:
This solution was mentioned by a gamer and he has resolved the issue with this fix so i have mentioned it here. To fix the error, one thing you need to do is to delete the latest save game file. To do that, follow the steps given below:
- Close the game.
- Browse to the following approximate location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<user-id>\<number>
- If you can’t find the save games, you can also try in the approximate directory mentioned below:
- Sort the save game files by date by right clicking and select “Sort by date”.
- Delete the most recent save game file.
- Try replaying the game.
- If it still shows the same error, try deleting all the files in the save game folder.
- If you have progressed farther in the game, you may download the save game files from the web or you may ask the same in active gaming forums.
Hope this trick may also help you to fix this error code.
2) Clients’ Updation:
No matter whether you are playing Far Cry 5 on any of the client viz. “Steam” or “Uplay”. Both are required to be updated with the latest updates.
Also, try running the clients as administrator. You can right click the clients’ icon (Steam or UPlay) and click “Run as administrator” for one time. To change the settings permanently, follow the steps given below:
- Right click “Steam” or “UPlay” whatever client you are using.
- The “Properties” window will open
- Switch to “Compatibility” tab.
- Under “settings” box, check the check box against “Run this program as an administrator”
- Click “Apply” and “Ok” to save the settings.
3) Turn off Cloud Save:
Go to the Settings in “Uplay” and turn off Cloud Save Synchronization.
Try running the game directly from the game installation folder by running the “.exe” file as administrator and not from the “Steam” client i.e.
“C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Far Cry 5\bin”
Now, the save game files will be saved on the local system and not on cloud so it may help in resolving Granite 2000000 error issue.
Hope the article helps in resolving Far Cry 5 Granite Error 2000000.
If you have resolved this error by using any other fix, not mentioned here, please leave the steps to resolve in the comment so that the other gamers may also get benefit from that.